Carp Venues in the UK & France
WINTONS operates a booking system and everybody must follow the same Rules. Once you have become a Member of the Fishery, you are issued with a Membership Card with a unique number.
Booking is essential at all times, please call and give the date(s), times and lake required, together with your Membership Number. Your Membership Number, not name will then be entered into the book, which reserves you a space on the lake, but not a specific swim. If you are booking for other Members, please also have their Membership Numbers available. The swims are then taken on a “first come, first served” basis.
Bookings can be made up to 6.00 pm on the phone or in person while the office is open.
No booking can be made more than six weeks in advance, unless a 50% deposit is paid at the time of booking.
When you arrive at the Fishery for your session, your Membership Card must be posted through the office letterbox with your tariff money or cheque (made payable to Wintons Fishery), BEFORE you leave the car-park and choose your swim.
PLEASE ASSIST THE OFFICE AND COLLECT YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD ,
IF IT DOES NOT GET RETURNED TO YOU ON THE BANK
1) DAILY TARIFF MONEY to be paid BEFORE leaving the car park
2) Barbless hooks at ALL times. No treble hooks. NO EXCEPTIONS. NB: Micro barbed or crushed hooks are not classified as barbless hooks
3) No wire to be used
4) No mainline braid to be used, including Fireline on site
5) No lead core
6) Landing nets (50 inch minimum) will be ready before fishing commences
7) Landing nets and weigh slings to be dipped before fishing
8) Sparingly used “loose feed” and ground bait allowed
9) Unhooking mats must be used at all times
10) Only weigh slings to be used for weighing fish
11) No retaining fish at any time
12) Two rods only in the water at any time
13) All fish to be returned immediately after weighing
14) No rod to be left unattended in any circumstances
15) Fishing area as pegged, no fishing in the area of the Boathouse
16) No fishing from islands or boats. There should be at least 10 metres clear water between each pitch
17) Restricted bait use — no particle bait, except sweetcorn, hemp and pellets. No artificial baits of any description
18) No live/dead baiting between September-March
19) No pike fishing
20) No bait boats
21) No swimming or wading.
22) No walking on ice
23) No litter whatsoever, bins are provided
24) Anyone found fishing illegally will be reported to the police
25) Punts and boats used only by the Management or allowed by Management
26 )No abuse or damage to wildlife and shrubs
27) No dogs allowed
28) No alcohol, allowed on the premises
29) Stock ponds are out of bounds for fishing
30) No radios, cassettes or open fires
31) At all times treat neighbours with respect
32) All vehicles to be parked in the car park
33) A five mile an hour speed limit is imposed everywhere on the site, including the long drive
34 )Hours of fishing and tariffs as posted in the office
35) Anything abnormal to be reported to the Office
36) Any problems regarding fish should be reported to the Office e.g. dead fish, fungus etc.
37) Record all catches in the Record Book, specimen fish to be witnessed
38) An Environment Agency Licence to be owned and obeyed
39) No responsibility will be accepted for loss, damage, injury or death etc., however caused
40) Final ruling rests with the Fishery
41) Any subject not covered in the Rules are at the sole discretion of Alan Etherington
Burgess Hill , West Sussex RH15 0DR
Phone: 01444 236493
Fax: 01444 230933