Reviewed by Jeff Hall on the 29th June 2009
Carping Journeys by Jason Ryder & Friends is now out and I was one of the lucky few to be sent a preview 1st edition copy of this great book.
When the book arrived I knew it was going to be something special by the sheer size and volume of tis book. With over 368 pages of text and photos this book is packed with info and is great value.
The book is a collection of short stories around some the worlds greatest Carp Venues. The stories are told by some of the most accomlished Anglers and reveals many of their tactics and tips. It is an essential purchase if you plan or indeed fish on the continent or even if you just dream of it!
One of my favourite chapters was the chapter by Keith Moors about how he found a lovely lake in France and subsequently purchased it and moved to France to live and make a new life.
A great insight can be gained into the methods and tactics that are needed to successfully tackle the lakes and rivers of Europe.
The book features many overseas anglers some of whom are fishing in their own back yards. First and foremost it is a publication devoted to the pursuit of big Carp and is far more than a holiday fishing guide. Over 120,000 words, more than 200 colour photos with 20 different authors. Carping Journeys visits two dozen venues across the continent in search of monsters and unique Carping experiences.
Including chapters from Chris Woodrow, Shaun Harrison, Jim Lightfoot plus many more! "
All in all I would recommend this book for anyone considering a trip abroad !
Carping Journeys - Available Now!!!
1. Laroussi-Roy Van Goor 2,905
2. La Horre Hauling-John Whittick 11,590
3. Ton up Mega Haul at Boux-Jason Rider 3,992
4. Abbey Lakes-Mario Tall 3,464
5. Agony and Ecstasy-Shaun Harrison 5,000
6. Beachcomber’s Diaries-Part 2 13,945
7. The Path less Trodden-Jason Rider 3,607
8. Red hot week at Vivier-Nick Gent 3,051
9. October Barrage Session-Jim Lightfoot 3,459
10. Lake Chira,Gran Canaria-Keith Gladden 1,571
11. Lake Shumbar (Croatia)-Darko Lasnik 3,479
12. Rainbow Lake-Richard Kaye 2,447
13. Paradis De La Peche-Paul Smith 5,493
14. Lac Du Der- Ron Woodward 3,812
15. Ken Townley-Chateau Lake 4,402
16. Chris Woodrow-Moon Phases 1,339
17. Roman Buczynski-Rhone Valley 10,151
18. Carp in Slovenia-Darko Lasnik 3,595
19. How Far Will You Go-Jason Rider 4,100
20. The Magic Moment-Andy Macgregor 3,142
21. Lake Integra- Giovanni Vanhooren 3,200
22. Wild St. Cassien-Matt Dent 7,800
A Bit Of A Fishery Business-Keith Moors 22,487
Published by MPress-Calm Productions: Publishers of Terry Hearn,Micky Gray, Martin Bowler and Jim Shelley